Date: 12th January, 2021
Time: 3:00 PM (MMT)/ 4:30 PM (HKT)
Venue: Zoom Webniar
Hosted by: Myanmar Hong Kong Chamber of Commerce and Industry
This virtual event will bring together Myanmar-focused policymakers, veteran entrepreneurs and executives as well as leading journalists to discuss the crucial issues for Myanmar as the country navigates the government transition, COVID-19 and economic recovery in 2021.At MHKCCI’s September 2020 event “Politics and the Myanmar market”, the elections and their business implications were on the agenda. Fast forward to January 2021, this event will consider new policies, investment opportunities and key challenges that are expected to dominate Myanmar during this year and beyond.
Presenters (by the last name alphabetically):
– Peter Brimble (Senior Technical Adviser, DaNa Facility)
– Thompson Chau (Chief Reporter and Associate Editor, Myanmar Times) (panel chair)
– Sam Glatman (Founder, Ko Shwe Ventures)
– Josh Htet (Senior Associate, Allen and Overy)
– Kyaw Soe Htet (Digital Editor, Myanmar Times)
– Sandar Min (National League for Democracy MP and Chair of Yangon Region Hluttaw’s Finance, Planning and Economic Committee)
– Shirley Ng (Director; Thailand and South Asia, Hong Kong Trade Development Council)
– Takaaki Yabe (Deputy Managing Director, Daizen Myanmar)
*Opinions expressed by individual speakers do not represent the views of the MHKCCI. The chamber is not responsible for any of the information and views provided in the video recording.
*Registration details will be released soon.