- The Ministry of Health is continuously conducting “COVID-19 Molecular Disease Surveillance”, and releasing information on the detection of SARS CoV-2 Variant Omicron from those who return by relief flights in a timely manner.
- The four laboratory samples of the COVID-19 virus of the returnees were sent to the National Health Laboratory and No (1) Defence Services General Hospital (1000-bed) on 9-1-2022 and the SARS-CoV-2 Variant Omicron was found in three laboratory samples.
- Three Myanmar nationals had tested positive for Omicron as they returned from India by the relief flight.
- The patients are admitted to designated hospitals for medical treatment and the passengers who returned together with them now undergo strict quarantine and lab tests.
- Therefore, it is announced that the ministry is stepping up the COVID-19 disease monitoring and containing measures, including disease prevention, control and treatment activities.
Ministry of Health
Source: The Global New Light of Myanmar