- The Ministry of Health is continuously conducting “COVID-19 Molecular Disease Surveillance”.
- Among those returning on Relief Flight, laboratory samples of the COVID-19 virus were sent to laboratories from the Department of Medical Research, National Health Laboratory, Tatmadaw Medical Research Unit as well as to regional laboratories under the auspices of the World Health Organization (WHO) for Omicron Real-Time PCR Testing and Genomic Sequencing Testing.
- Initiation of genetic testing of COVID-19 was carried out on (14-12-2021) on 30 laboratory samples found for the virus. According to the results obtained on (28-12-2021), the SARSCoV-2 Variant Omicron was found in the laboratory samples of four Myanmar nationals returning by Relief Flight from Dubai of UAE, and the SARS-CoV-2 Variant Delta virus was found in the other 26 laboratory samples.
- Only one in four persons diagnosed with the Omicron virus has normal symptoms and the other three have no symptom. All four were monitored at the treatment centres and discharged from the treatment centre due to good health. It is reported that the four persons are in good health at present.
- Therefore, the Ministry of Health is stepping up the COVID-19 disease monitoring and control activities plus disease prevention, control and treatment activities.
Ministry of Health
Source: The Global New Light of Myanmar