- Under the Ministry of Planning and Finance, the Internal Revenue Department arranges easy and rapid tax payment ways for taxpayer people through electronic payment, mobile banking, mobile payment, MPU Debit Card online, and links with relevant banks.
- The taxpayer, who has received taxpayer identification number-TIN, can pay income tax, commercial tax, special commodity tax, and gem tax to the banking accounts of relevant tax office at the branches of Myanmar Economic Bank from their bank A/C opened at private banks including foreign bank branches in Myanmar with the use of CBM-NET of the Central Bank of Myanmar or https://onlinepayment.ird.gov.mm/etax which is the online tax payment system of using MPU Debit Card.
- Income tax payment of staff from the companies paying tax at the Large Taxpayer Office or Medium Taxpayer Office can be paid to the banking accounts of the respective tax offices through electronic payments, mobile banking and mobile payments or MPU Debit Cards.
- Relevant private banks will issue the initial documents for payment as evidence of paying tax from the banking accounts of companies through electronic payment methods, mobile banking and mobile payment or payment from MPU Debit Card. After receiving the tax payment in the accounts, the Internal Revenue Department will send the e-payment to the taxpayers on completion of paying the tax.
- The taxpayers who have opened the banking accounts at the State-owned banks can pay tax through cash/cheque and account transfer.
- Hence, Income tax payment for staff of the taxpayers and the companies which pay tax at the Large Taxpayer Office and the medium taxpayer offices in Yangon, except for the taxpayers who opened bank accounts at the State-owned banks, will apply easier and smoother electronic payment systems instead of cash/cheque payment system as of 1 July in 2020-21 financial year. So, the department requested the taxpayers to cooperate in the process.
- For further information, taxpayers may contact-
(a) Tax service office (Nay Pyi Taw)
Office No. 46, Internal Revenue Department, Nay Pyi Taw
Tel: 067-3430533 and 067-3430522
(b) Tax service office (Yangon)
No 59/61 (first floor), Pansodan Road, Kyauktada Township, Yangon
Tel: 01-378370 and 01-378372
(c) Information and Technology Branch (e-payment section)
No 569/577, corner of Merchant Street and Baha Bandoola Park Street
Kyauktada Township, Yangon, Tel: 01-8379021.
Internal Revenue Department
Source: The Global New Light of Myanmar